Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Daniel Defoe Mini-Challenge


This mini-challenge--the Daniel Defoe Mini-Challenge--will be for the 2009 year. January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009.

The challenge is to read TWO books by Defoe. (One movie may be substituted in the place of one of the books.) Audio books are acceptable as well.

Here are just a few of the books I've found by Defoe:

Robinson Crusoe (1719)
Captain Singleton (1720)
Colonel Jack (1722)
Moll Flanders (1722)
Roxana (1724)
Journal of the Plague Year (1722)
The Storm (1704?)
Memoirs of a Cavalier (1720)
Tour Through The Whole Island of Great Britain (1724-27)
The Complete English Tradesman (1726)
London the Most Flourishing City in the Universe (1728)

I'm aiming to read MOLL FLANDERS and ROXANA. If I've got the time and energy, I may go for Robinson Crusoe as well.

If you want to join me for this reading challenge, leave a comment below.

Participants so far:

tuesdayinsilhouette
Becky's Book Reviews
Katrina's Reads
Bobbi's Book Nook
Lynda
Kristi
Judy
Blondierocket
Cauchy81sk

12 comments:

katrina said...

I'm joining this one as well, I'll definately read Moll Flanders then I'm not sure.

tuesdayinsilhouette said...

Count me in, please! I don't think I've ever read proper, unabridged Defoe before - only illustrated children's editions of Robinson Crusoe =]

The Holistic Knitter said...

count me in please. moll flanders is waiting to be read on my shelves.
http://lyndasbookblog.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

Please sign me up - I don't think that I have ever read anything by Daniel Defoe, so I am looking forward to this - my post about my list will be here: http://booksandneedlepoint.blogspot.com/2008/12/daniel-defoe-mini-challenge.html

Thanks!
Kristi

Intergalactic Bookworm said...

Count me in! Outside of Robinson Caruso, I haven't read anything by him.

Judy

blondierocket said...

I'm joining in with everyone.

cauchy81sk said...

I'm in:
http://cauchy81sk.wordpress.com/2008/12/31/daniel-defoe-mini-challenge/

Sharon said...

Hello Becky! Is it too late to join a couple of your Mini-Challenges? I'd like to join this Daniel Defoe Challenga. My books would be Robinson Crusoe and Moll Flanders.

Thanks,
Sharon

Becky said...

Welcome, Sharon! It's not too late to join :)

Sharon said...

Yea! I have my first one done: Robinson Crusoe. the review is here: http://abookwormsreviews.blogspot.com/2009/04/robinson-crusoe-by-daniel-defoe.html

Sharon said...

I have finished my second book! Moll Flanders. Thanks for this challenge. Iwould have never read these wonderful books without your encouragement!

Now to finish the John Stienbeck Challenge.

Sharon said...

Sorry, the review for Moll Flanders is here: http://abookwormsreviews.blogspot.com/2009/05/moll-flanders-by-daniel-defoe.html