Thursday, March 12, 2009

George Eliot Mini-Challenge


This challenge is for 2009-2010. The challenge begins January 1, 2009 and goes through June 1, 2010.

The goal of this one is to read TWO of her books.

Novels

* Adam Bede, 1859
* The Mill on the Floss, 1860
* Silas Marner, 1861
* Romola, 1863
* Felix Holt, the Radical, 1866
* Middlemarch, 1871-72
* Daniel Deronda, 1876

One movie may be substituted in the place of one of the books, if you want.

If you want to join me for this reading challenge, leave a comment below.

Participants so far:

Becky's Book Reviews

9 comments:

Alex said...

May I also join this one too?:) Thank you!

Becky said...

Welcome to the challenge!

Kathrin said...

I'm in! My post is here :-)

Shelley said...

This is so tempting! I have read all of these but two, so that would complete the list. Since this goes through 2010, I think maybe I can do it. I will plan on reading Romola and Felix Holt.

Lynda said...

In also:
http://lyndasbookblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/george-eliot-mini-challenge.html

Intergalactic Bookworm said...

Ditto! Judy/Intergalatic Bookworm

http://intergalaticbookworm.blogspot.com

Schatzi said...

Oh, sign me up for this one as well, please!
Schatzi at the stacks my destination
http://mealibris.wordpress.com/challenges/george-eliot-mini-challenge/

Tammy said...

I'd like to join! I posted about it here.

mel ulm said...

Count me in-I will read Silas Marner and Middlemarch-I Read Middlemarch about 40 years ago for a class and it will be fun to reread it now.