Friday, September 18, 2009

Wilkie Collins Mini-Challenge


This challenge is for 2009-2010.
The challenge will begin October 1, 2009. The challenge will end December 1, 2010.

Read and/or watch two works by Wilkie Collins.

To sign up, please leave a comment.

(You can leave any links to reviews here as well.)


Here is a bibliography I took from Wikipedia's Wilkie Collins page:
  • Iolani, or Tahiti as it was. A Romance (written 1844; published 1999)
  • Memoirs of the Life of William Collins, Esq., R.A. (1848)
  • Antonina (1850)
  • Rambles Beyond Railways (1851)
  • Basil (novel) (1852)
  • Mr Wray's Cash Box (1852)
  • Hide and Seek (1854)
  • The Ostler (1855)
  • After the Dark (1856)
  • The Dead Secret (1857)
  • A Rogue's Life (1857/1879)
  • The Frozen Deep (1857), a play co-written with Charles Dickens
  • A Terribly Strange Bed (1858)
  • A House to Let (1858), a short story co-written with Charles Dickens, Elizabeth Gaskell and Adelaide Anne Procter
  • The Queen of Hearts (1859)
  • The Woman in White (1860)
  • No Name (1862)
  • My Miscellanies (1863)
  • Armadale (1866)
  • No Thoroughfare (1867), a story and play co-written with Charles Dickens
  • The Moonstone (1868)
  • Man and Wife (1870)
  • Poor Miss Finch (1872), dedicated to Frances Minto Elliot
  • Miss or Mrs? (1873)
  • The New Magdalen (1873)
  • The Frozen Deep and Other Stories (1874)
    • "The Frozen Deep"
    • "Dream Woman"
    • "John Jago's Ghost; or The Dead Alive"
  • The Law and the Lady (1875)
  • The Two Destinies (1876)
  • The Haunted Hotel (1878)
  • The Fallen Leaves (1879)
  • My Lady's Money (1879)
  • Jezebel's Daughter (1880)
  • Who Killed Zebedee (1881)
  • The Black Robe (1881)
  • Heart and Science (1883)
  • I Say No (1884)
  • The Ghost's Touch and Other Stories (1885)
  • The Evil Genius (1886)
  • The Guilty River (1886)
  • Little Novels (1887)
  • The Legacy of Cain (1889)
  • Blind Love (1889 - unfinished, completed by Walter Besant)

The image is one I found on an online syllabus. I don't know where they found it.

16 comments:

Lynda said...

I'm in
I hope to read No Name and Armadale
Post about challenge here.

Aimee said...

Sign me up, lassie!

Ill be reading and reviewing The Woman in White, and The Moonstone

Lizzy Siddal said...

I'm in on this as well.

I'm intending on reading The Moonstone and Basil.

Nymeth said...

He's written more than I thought! I'm reading The Moonstone soon, and I think I can get around to No Name before the end of 2010 easily :P

Amanda said...

Hi Becky! I'm signing up, too: http://zenleaf.blogspot.com/2009/10/wilkie-collins-mini-challenge.html

Nicole_Hadaway said...

Please sign me up as well! I LOVE The Woman In White -- it's one of my favorites, and I'm going to read The Moonstone as well! This is a great challenge!

nicole-hadaway.blogspot.com

bookwormwhit said...

I'm in.
I have The Woman in White on my tbr, and am leaning towards No Name for my second book.

mee said...

I'm joining! I plan to read The Woman in White for the Classic Circuit, so that's one. Another one might be a movie or a short story, I haven't decided.

bunny m. said...

i'm joining this challenge! i'll be reading the woman in white annnnd... i'm not sure what else, yet.

Veronica said...

Sounds great! I'll read "No Name" and "The Moonstone."

Lindsey Sparks said...

My first challenge! I'm excited. I will read The Woman in White and The Law and the Lady.

mel u said...

Please count me in -I have been meaning to read The Woman in White for a long time and will decide my second Collins as the year goes on.

Susan said...

I'd like to join if it's not too late. My post is here.

carolsnotebook said...

It doesn't look like I ever commented to say I was joining. I am and my first review is up, for The Moonstone.

http://carolsnotebook.wordpress.com/2009/12/29/the-moonstone-by-wilkie-collins/

B said...

I'm in!
http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2010/04/wilkie-collins-mini-challenge.html

Buffy said...

So, I'm watching The Moonstone and listening to an audiobook of The Woman in White (both of which I've already read) and going to read a collection of three novellas: Miss or Mrs?, The Haunted Hotel, and The Guilty River. Looking forward to it -- thanks again for prompting to re-visit a wonderful writer!